A CONVERSATION

SOCIALIZE IT ⇨


REISS TRENCH COAT / WE ARE ARROW RING



Nothing practical would ever get done in my house did radio, YouTube, Netflix or other broadcasting luxuries of the 21st century not exist. This means no house cleaning, no floor painting, no cooking, no toothbrushing, no nothing! It goes without saying that 70% of my usage of YT goes straight to funny cat videos, sneezing pandas and laughing babies. Obvs. The last 30% thankfully goes to some pretty interesting things.

Any chance I get to namedrop TED talks into a conversation, I will, and this will always be my no. 1 go-to for inspirational, informative talks. Lately I have however also immersed myself in the show called The Conversation by Amanda de Cadenet. It's from 2012, yet I find its concept something worth talking about. The concept is pretty straight forward: women talking to women about women. She talks to accomplished women such as Harper's Bazaar's Glenda Bailey and soulful Alicia Keys, discussing their designated industries, personal experiences, strengths and vulnerabilites. In a society that seems to favour a very specific image of women, it's wonderful to see all women of different ages, ethnicities and backgrounds being celebrated.

X

instagram facebook twitter